Refunds and Returns Policy
What is On the Square Emporium
On the Square Emporium is a commission-based retailer of third-partys’ items that are sold on behalf of commission-vendors on commission or at auction. On the Square Emporium does not own the stock.
Your rights as a customer.
Once a sale is confirmed On the Square Emporium will provide the customer with such information that is available on the purchased item including the total cost of the item and any additional delivery charges. Items are sold as is. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect items prior to purchase.
We will at the time of sale, point out any imperfections or faults with the item.
In Store face to face sales
There is a strict 30 days return period after which the commission-seller is paid out and the sale cannot be refunded.
On the Square Emporium is not legally obliged to offer a refund unless the customer can demonstrate that they have been misinformed or the item sold was fault or not fit for purpose and that these faults were not pointed out to the customer at the time of purchase.
If the customer can demonstrated that On the Square Emporium did not point out a fault at time of sale, a refund will be offered.
Customer must produce receipt of sale or proof of transaction (e.g. credit card receipt) before refund is issued.
If a refund is due it will be issued within fourteen days of refund agreed date.
If delivery is requested at time of purchase, On the Square Emporium will deliver items within 30 days of the date of purchase.
Delivery days and times may vary. Delivery schedules will be attempted that suit the customer, however dates/times cannot be guaranteed.
If items are not delivered within 30 days of date of sale, the customer has the right to request and receive a refund.
Advertising of items for sale
On the Square Emporium will provide the customer with the following:-
- A description of the goods
- The total price of goods
- Information on how to pay for the goods or services
- Information on delivery charges and other relevant costs
- Details of our return policy and who is responsible for return for the items if the customer has a right to cancel.
- The customer has the right to cancel the moment the online purchase is completed and the customer’s right to cancel ends 14 days from date of customer’s receipt of goods.
- If the customer cancels before the purchased item is shipped, a full refund will be issued.
- The customer has 14 days after receipt of the item to initiate a return and return the goods.
- On The Square Emporium will not take responsibility for any items that get lost or damaged during transit for return. If goods are returned to damaged a refund will not be issued.
- If the customer makes an order over the phone, On the Square Emporium will advise the customer of their rights as laid out above.
- Consumer contract regulations state that the customer does not have the right to cancel as laid out above in the following instances:-
- Purchase of cds/dvds or software if seal is broken
- Perishable items
- Tailor made items
- Personalised items
- We are responsible for purchased items until they reach the customer.
- We will dispatch items within 2 working days of purchase date. (If for any reason dispatch is delayed, the customer will be contacted within 24 hours of purchase date and advised of expected delivery date ).
- If the customer receives an item and it is damaged or faulty, On the Square will cover the cost of any return postage.
- If the customer cancels an order in line with above cancellation procedure then the customer must pay for the return of the item.
On The Square Emporium rarely stock more than one of any item, however if the customer returns an item that is faulty a replacement will be offered if one is available.
Once a replacement has been agreed the customer must return the faulty item within fourteen days of replacement agreed date.
Sale/second hand items
All of the refund rights detailed above apply regardless of whether the customer purchased a product on sale or second hand.
If a gift voucher is purchased by the customer from On the Square Emporium online it will be dispatched within 2 working days of purchase.
Redeeming your Voucher
Vouchers can be redeemed in store or online.
Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent.
On The Square Emporium does not offer refunds on vouchers bought in store.
If a voucher is purchased online – the customer consumer rights for online purchases are not affected
The customer has the right to cancel the moment an online purchase is completed and the customer will be refunded. The customer’s right to cancel ends 14 days from the date the customer receives the voucher. After the 14 days refunds cannot be issued.
Items sold on Consignment
- If the customer initiates a return before we have paid a commission-vendor we will advise our client and let them know their item has been returned and will be put back out for sale.
- If the customer initiates a return after we have paid a commission-vendor, the item is considered ours and we are free to sell as our own.
If the customer purchases an item and leaves a holding deposit, On the Square Emporium will hold the item for 30 days from the date of purchase.
If the customer does not finalise the purchase and pay the balance outstanding, within 30 days, the item will be put back out for sale and the deposit will not be refunded.
On the Square Emporium accepts no liability for any loss or damage that occurs to customers’ items from the date of purchase to the time it is collected.
If the customer pays for an item in full but for any reason cannot take delivery of the item, On the Square Emporium can store it for 14 days from date of purchase free of charge.
Should the customer fail to collect an item or decide to have the item/s delivered but do not advise us by the end of 14 days, On the Square Emporium reserves the right to charge the customer up to £100 per month storage charge for up to a maximum of six months.
If the customer fails to collect an item within six months of purchase date, the item will be listed for sale again in the shop and the customer will not receive a refund.
Selling items back to the store
On the Square Emporium is not at liberty to buy back items from customers.
On The Square Emporium will give each transaction due consideration and will deal with items on a piece-by-piece basis, at a price that need not reflect the original purchase price of the item.